Tuesday, November 29, 2005

When You're Right...

Hats off to my dear friend Anastasia who has been saying to me, for at least a year now, "YOU MUST GO SEE THE BILLS!"

Finally they came to Seattle.

I saw The Bills.

I LOVED The Bills.

What is it about me and Canadian boy bands? Now, The Bills are no Früvous (oh god, oh god - will the pain ever stop? will the longing ever cease? will the hiatus ever end?), but they're spectacular in their own right. Take some folk, celtic, jazz, gypsy, bluegrass, rock, classical - I'm sure I'm forgetting a genre or two - and add 5 incredible musicians with enough energy to light up a cold and drizzly Tuesday night in Seattle. That's The Bills.

Only one thing disappointed me. Not one of them was actually named Bill. Go figure.

2 comments:

Janet said...

OK, when you say 'boy band', I think New kids on the block, or something like that, then think 'Nah, k would *never* like *that* kind of boy band!' Folk music! Folk music! Alas, I can't say that I show an interest, but I am glad that you had a great time.

And maybe they are named such because their music is how they pay.....The Bills!

Kristina said...

Ah Uncle Bonsai - I remember them (as well as the Electric Bonsai Band and Mel Cooleys - all Seattle bands, actually). "Myn Ynd Wymyn" is now playing my head - thankyouverymuch. *g*

Oh my. I just googled and saw that Uncle Bonsai played a couple of concerts around here just last month. I wonder if they're going to start playing regularly again or if I just missed 'em.