Thursday, November 03, 2005

Out Damned Spot!

I am sure, though I can't exactly picture it right now, that there will be a day sometime soon when I can't find any paint blotches on me, hidden behind an elbow or on the bottom of a foot or nestled against my scalp. It's going on 6 weeks since we started our upstairs painting project and I am SO sick of it that I probably won't go up there for weeks after we finish and get the kids moved in.

But I do have to say - I think it's looking damn good. After the new carpet is laid next week I'll be able to tell whether it's simply paint blindness or whether I truly like it. At the very least it's bright and colourful and clean. Photos to come.

And whatever will I do with all the extra time on my hands after I finish this project? Why, take an online Lithuanian class, of course!

I've always wanted to study the language, knowing only a little bit from hearing my dad's side of the family speak it. Although UW offers undergrad courses in it (which thrills me no end), they're taught during the day so I've been unable to make the scheduling work. But, as I found today, there is an experimental online course, absolutely free for the taking. It's a good start, I think.

2 comments:

Janet said...

OK, I guess I didn't realize that you have been painting 2 bedrooms and a hallway for the past *6 weeks*!! Da-yamn that's a long time!! Must see photos...anything loaded in your private photo album?

Welcome back to regular blogging! I need to get off my ass and do the same. Oh, the thoughts are there, the typing of the words is not.

And hey, are you going to the Experimental College through the U? I was looking at some dance classes there.

Kristina said...

Well, yes. Six week is a long time, but we've only really worked on weekends and evenings when we've felt like working. Thank goodness for the house guest we'll have in a few weeks, motivating us to get it all done. :)

Nope, not the Experimental College. This is just an online course offerred by someone in the UW Lithuanian department.