Saturday, November 26, 2005

Spa...aaaaahhhh

I've been soaked and scrubbed, mudworted and massaged, detoxed and dry-roasted. I'm now smooth, moist, and oh-so-relaxed. Did I mention gratitude the other day? Today I'm completely FULL of the gratitude.

After a day of fun in the mountains which included a trip to Snoqualmie Falls, a woodsy geo-cache adventure, lunch at Twede's Cafe (of Twin Peaks fame), a snowball fight, an unsuccessful attempt to find this scenic overlook, and a lovely chicken piccata dinner cooked by my dear husband, Anne and I headed out to Olympus Spa for an evening of pampering and girl time.

It was every bit as great as I've heard from friends who have gone before. The full-body scrub is something I think I need to experience monthly. No, really. Seattle friends who are reading (um, well... as long as you're female) - you want to go? Call me. I'm there.

But the best part, by far, was having some uninterrupted talk-time with Anne. How I love you, internet, for bringing such wonderful people into my life!

At the same time, how sad that teleporters have not yet been invented, so that far away friends could be not quite so far away. Come on, physics folk - get busy!

2 comments:

Janet said...

I'm in with the spa! And how come you couldn't find that park? It's right off Queen Anne Ave as you are going up the counterbalance. Hey, did you have some pie at Twede's? I love that place! Glad you such a wonderful time yesterday!

Kristina said...

Oh, we just didn't know where to look for it. But we got to see some nice parts of Queen Anne!

You bet we had pie. Cherry. And a damn fine cup of coffee. :)