Sunday, November 27, 2005

Sadness

I have lost one of my diamond earrings, the ones Stephen surprised me with for Christmas not quite 4 years ago, the only jewelry I regularly wear aside from my wedding ring that is worth more than sentimental value, the earrings that I'm fairly constantly checking to make sure I haven't lost. I can't remember when my last compulsive checking was, but between then and 30 minutes ago, it disappeared without so much as a tug of the earlobe. Could be at home, could be in either car, could be at Sandy's or at Target.

Stupid Target. The loss is probably karma-related for going there. I thought twice, I really did, because of their asinine policy which allows their pharmacists to choose whether or not their personal ethics will allow them to dispense the morning after pill. I had a long discussion with Anne about it before heading out, and I reasoned that as I do pretty well buying blue, this is one store I'm willing to continue to shop at even though I don't approve of everything they do. Gah.

All of a sudden, a day which was going pretty well has been reduced to me feeling like complete and utter shit.

I am simply undeserving of nice things.

2 comments:

~ap said...

aw, honey, i'm sorry! i know how much it sucks to lose something that full of sentiment.

you *are* worth nice things. sometimes nice things are just ephemeral. lots of times, in fact.

i do hope it turns up. *HUG*

Kristina said...

Aw, thanks honey. I'm feeling a little better today, though still very bummed. I keep looking for it everywhwere.