Sunday, November 19, 2006

Things That Are Not Fun

Skiing. In the rain. Very NOT fun.

Okay, that's the only not fun thing I have to talk about today. Since I pinkie-promised the girl, we skiied today, even though it was nearly 40 in the mountains and so the rain that was falling in Seattle when we headed out was still rain even above the snow line. Yet the lifts were going and so we took two runs down a very soggy hill.

It's strange being out so early in the season... it was definitely not busy (other people also seem to grok that skiing in the rain is not fun) and it's odd seeing no big snowdrifts and even some bare patches that need to be skiied around.

Still, given that the conditions were rotten, we're now set up with our rentals and we've knocked the rust off our skills. The kids did great and astoundingly so did I. I think it's going to be a fun season.

But not in the rain. Ever again.

3 comments:

Janet said...

You went to Summit West? There's really nothing exciting there, and they have slow lifts. But at least you got out!

Family is going to Crystal this Friday.

What are you doing for Thanksgiving?

Kristina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kristina said...

You don't even ski! It might not be exciting for your snow bunnies, but we're new skiers and it's fun for us (though yep - sometimes I think I could walk up the hill faster than the Little Thunder lift).

Thanksgiving will be spent at Sandy's house, with her family, my friend Anne coming in from England (and bringing her beau this time) and my friend William. And yoU?