Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Make My (Kids) Mix

I spent way too much time tonight playing with iTunes, working on a "Sleepytime Love Mix" for the kids - well, mostly for Nate as Soph doesn't listen to music right before bedtime. I got sucked in to all the good music I've got, and it was hard to pull myself away. Here's what I came up with.

Sleepytime Love Mix

The One Who Knows - Dar Williams
Walk Humbly, Son - Eddie From Ohio
If Only You Knew - Moxy Früvous
Lullabye (Goodnight, My Angel) - Billy Joel
Burgundy Heart-Shaped Medallion - David Wilcox
Words - Bee Gees
Falling Is Like This - Ani DiFranco
Gentle Arms of Eden - Dave Carter & Tracy Grammer
Oh My Brother - Eddie from Ohio
Hey Kind Friend - Indigo Girls
Find The River - R.E.M.
Down To The River To Pray - Alison Krauss
May It Be - Enya
Into The West - Annie Lennox
Caledonia - Dougie MacLean
Hummingbird - Kris Delmhorst
The Moon And St. Christopher - Mary Chapin Carpenter
Lilly Wants A Mountain - Pete Droge
Somewhere Over The Rainbow - IZ
The Lion Sleeps Tonight - Ladysmith Black Mambazo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds wonderful, K! Can I have a copy? I'll share my Fall Faves with you.

Tracey

Kristina said...

Of course! If Fall Faves is as good as Wine-Drinking Music, it'll be another winner. :)

~ap said...

aw, this gave me the chills 4 some reason. sweet mommy, you are.

maeve's current fave is "baby loves jazz" from the moma collection--is a bunch of kid songs and classics by peeps like count basie, etta jones, sarah vaughn etc. i love it too. check it online...i'll send you a copy ifn you like.