Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Cautious Optimism

Wow.

I have to say it's looking good so far. I mean... 23 seat pickup in the House, 3 in the Senate. And more to come - could be as many as +32 and +5. Just wow.

I have hope, for the first time in a long time, that we can start to undo some of the damage this horrific president and his puppet Congress have done. But we have to run with this opportunity and really make things happen - and soon. If the Dems can do this... start cleaning up the mess in Iraq, re-establish civil liberties and the rule of law, make the environment a priority, repeal the rich's tax cuts, clean up the rot and corruption in DC...

if they take the trust they've been handed and execute faithfully...

this could be a very good day indeed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Must... go... to bed. Must... stop... refreshing... browser. Will... wear out... F5 key.

[happy dance]

Hee. G'night!

Kristina said...

Heh. I resemble that remark. Luckily I had a swim planned this morning so had to get to bed at a decent hour.

And now Rumsfeld - man o man. Don't wake me up.