Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Happy Imbolc!

Yay! The corner has been turned, with winter behind and spring ahead. It's a beautiful sunny day here in Seattle, not warm but certainly not cold. Signs of impending spring are everywhere... the kids and I walked to the library last weekend and made note of them along our route. Some crocuses and early daffodils are already in bloom and plenty of other bulbs have sprouted and are getting ready to flower, buds on the trees are filling out, and the forsythia will will be smiling yellow with just a week or so more of this temperate weather. The grass is in its glory phase, thick and green, doing what it can to prepare itself for the dry brown days that will come in the summer.

As for myself, it seems that I've caught some of the energy of the day too. I woke up this morning with my mind full of all the things I needed to accomplish by day's end, and darn if I haven't knocked through quite a bunch of it. As much as I'd love to have a life of luxury, I know it wouldn't be good for me... the less I have to do, the less likely I am to actually do it. Sloth begets sloth and a rolling stone gathers no moss. So I'm rolling today baby - no moss on me.

Today also marks the one-year anniversary of my favourite. post. ever. (patting self on the back). It's here if you'd like to read it, or if you'd like to read it again. In an interesting bit of sychronicity, I just heard the song that lends its title in concert last weekend. It's now available on Vance's site, on his most recent CD... though I have to admit I still prefer the live version I have linked in other post. Check it out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nay, I say! Something is just *wrong* when my kid can't go skiing *in the winter time* and the grass needs to be mowed! My poor tulips are confused!!

Betsy said...

I loved that post - and especially today, it was a true gift. Thank you.