Sunday, August 06, 2006

But It's a Good Sore

Oh.

Oh.

I am going HURT tomorrow. Today was the big Seattle post office softball tournament and we played 4 games back-to-back-to-back-to-back. Our record for the day was 2-2. And while my fantasy of superstardom didn't play out exactly as I'd hoped, I did manage to get on base a couple of times, bat in a couple of runs, and not make any heinous fielding errors. I spent most of my time playing right field and catcher, passably. All in all, as much as I might expect since I haven't played a whole game since I was on my college Arts Chorale team. Note to self: join a softball team next season. You had a great time.

But man. The muscles are reminding me that I have been neglecting the body big-time. And tomorrow is only going to be worse.

Tigers swept the Indians - yay! A's swept the Mariners - boo!

In other news, we are once again a gender-balanced household with the return of our guys. Both had good trips and I'm in awe of the amount of progress Nathan made on his music in one week; we were treated to a concert when we picked him up, and they sounded fantabulous.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently playing for the postal softball team can be hazardous to one's health! My post carrier nearly broke her thumb catching a fly ball. ;o) So glad you had fun!