Sunday, August 20, 2006

Or Not


The Lady Washington
Originally uploaded by monagrrl.
So that "good sore" turned into a "strained right quad" after I pulled it doing some moving and lifting of stuff and then on Friday morphed into a "severely strained right quad" after I used it to keep myself from falling down the basement stairs when a cat in the way (HEEENRY!) made my foot slip. I'm better today, can actually walk without pain, but geez. I guess it's true, the body ain't as resilient as it used to be.

Nevertheless, there were some very nice parts to this weekend. On Saturday we took the kids to see the Lady Washington (AKA the HMS Interceptor in the first Pirates of the Caribbean movie) which was docked down on Lake Union. What a beautiful ship. Hopefully the next time she comes this way, I'll find out about it soon enough to get us signed up to actually sail on her. We were driving home from doing some errands in the afternoon and saw her out with her sails unfurled. Make me heart hurt.

I just really want to be a pirate.

But, with me gimpy leg, I'm not sure how well I'd do at the lootin' and plunderin'. Drinkin' rum, I'm sure I could handle.

Aaaarh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They're due back in early December.

Oh, and their afternoon/evening cruises in December? Already sold out. Boo. Hiss.

She sure is a beauty though, isn't she?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful ship, Kristina! It would be very cool to sail on her!

Just dropping by to say "hi!" Hope you feel better soon!

Debby