Sunday, July 30, 2006

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

... but dayum, we're gonna miss our boys. This is a week of firsts for our family, as girlie and I are holding down the fort whilst Stephen is in Boston at SIGGRAPH and boyo is at choir camp in Tacoma. It's his first sleepaway camp, the longest he's been away from the parental units (we'll see him on Weds for visiting day, but we won't bring him home until next Saturday). It's also the first extended time that girlie and I have spent completely alone together... being second-born, she missed out on all that one-on-one stuff.

So. We've planned our meals, done our shopping, and made cookies to take on Wednesday. He called to let us know he's having a good time and enjoyed dinner; she's sleeping soundly in my bed. Laundry and dishes are done, cats and fish are fed, and I'm halfway done with article I have due on Wednesday.

It's very very quiet.

Sleep well, my far-flung family members. Come home soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

vewy, vewy quwiet...

Geez. What are you gonna do with all that quiet?