Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Painful Things*

*Where the pain is of a relatively minor sort, nothing like losing a limb or the election of a chimp as leader of the free world.

My piano is being tuned right now. My god. It is the most annoying thing ever. My ears might just bleed.

The Yankees swept the Mariners. Today's game was particularly bad... 13-9. I mean... if you can't win a game with your offense producing 9 runs, you just don't deserve to win. And being swept is bad enough but this was by the Yankees who have SUCKED, much to my everlovin' delight, until this series. Their sucking was sweet enough to override the sucking of the Mariners and the inconsistency of the Tigers. So now the Mariners still suck, the Tigers are still inconsistent, and the Yankees have won 5 in a row. If this continues, I might be done with baseball.

I have a ball wedged between the chair and my low back. Must I pay for poor weeding body mechanics forever? I need to win the lottery so I can have massage every other day for the rest of my life. I'm sure that would take care of it.

I will likely never win the lottery.

9 comments:

protected static said...

"I will likely never win the lottery."

It's because you aren't eating enough Chinese takeout. Or if you are, you're skipping the fortune cookie...

Janet said...

K- who do you use to tune your piano? We need to have ours tuned, too.

Janet said...

Oh, and just how were your gardening to make your back so very painful? See, another reason why I pay someone to weed for me. :)

And you don't need to win the lottery to get a massage every other day- just network yourself out for trade!

Kristina said...

PS - Damn, what a cool story. And a good excuse to eat more Chinese.

JBo - A woman named Audrey Karabinus. I'll send you her contact info. Re the gardening... I was bending over to pull weeds rather than kneeling. It's ridiculous.

Anonymous said...

Wow, at least the Tigers are good enough to be deemed inconsistent... as opposed to just consistently awful like the M's. Today's game was, indeed, especially painful. Especially on zero sleep. My son is just about to get his first tooth... someday we'll be to the point where he's losing them. Please tell me he'll be sleeping better by that point? Sigh.

Kristina said...

Yeah, things are looking up in Motown and I would be perfectly happy with .500 as we come out of The Dark Years. But we're 5-11 in one-run games, our bullpen is shaky, and two of our spendy free agents are on the DL (Ordonez until at least the All-Star break and Percival for 4-6 weeks). So I'm stocking up on the tums.

And while I can't *promise* anything about the sleeping, I can tell you that neither of mine slept through the night for over a year, and now (at 5 and 7) I could bring in a mariachi band and several loud, drunk revelers to party next to their beds and neither kid would twitch or miss a beat with their snoring. It rocks.

Janet said...

Thanks. Hope her price is reasonable! Hey, you should get the kids to weed for you. My neighbor does that with her kids- for every plastic bag they fill, they get a dollar. OK, they don't have to fill the bag all the way up! We still on for lunch this Friday?

And your knowledge and fanatacism of all things baseball awes me!

Lora said...

You're not bad mouthing the Yankees, now are you? I mean I know that this season hasn't started out very well, but ... please dear,these are the GODS of baseball your takling about.

I mean, I'm not laughing at the Mariners, now am I?

Hope your back's feeling better, I was thinking similar thoughts this weekend.

Kristina said...

Aw Lora. Honey. I had such high hopes for you.

*grin*

The back is MUCH better, thank you. Not quite back to normal but as close as I've felt in a few weeks.