Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Is It Me You're Looking For?

Boy it's dusty in here.

So perhaps you've noticed I've been on a bit of a blogbreak. I probably should have mentioned that I wouldn't be around for awhile, but honestly I had no idea it was coming. Let's call it a mini-breakdown, that wasn't really a breakdown at all... I just let most communication come to a screeching halt. Maybe I just didn't have anything I wanted to say. Maybe I was just lazy. My own personal June Gloom.

For nearly a month now I just haven't felt like writing, either in the blogverse or e-mail, and I also haven't kept up with the blogs I like lately (I have lots to catch up on). Apologies all 'round. But I think that the break has been good for me. I'm feeling ready to jump back into it.

So what have I been doing?

  • I took a week off and Stephen and I worked on the house. We now have new baseboard and a lovely green room that is sans all traces of icky wallpaper. And now there is just so much MORE I want to do.

  • I missed (and am still missing and am preparing to miss) my travelling friends... one in Africa (home tomorrow!), one in Hawaii (home Friday!), one in New York (home in a couple of weeks!), and one heading off to Amsterdam (home on the 17th and promising me a birthday visit).

  • I worked my tail off (including evenings and vacation days) to push some work out by the required deadline and felt pretty good about it. I might not love my job, but I like the folks I work with and I'll do most anything to come through as needed in the clutch.

  • I watched the Tigers and Mariners slide away from the brink of respectability as they both hit long, painful losing streaks. Oh, the pain.

  • I finished 3 books and am cruising through another right now and in doing so remembered that I love to read. Love. It. I need to make sure I make time for it, just as I need to make time for writing here, no matter what.

  • I thought about what I want to be when I grow up. I know, what's new? But I also made a baby step, put some energy out there, pink bubbled an idea and set it free to see whether anything might come of it.


There was more, certainly. And there are quite a few half-started-but-never-finished blog posts and even more half-thought-but-never-written-down ideas that may someday see the light of day in some form. Or they may not. Life moves so fast.

Hello.

6 comments:

Lora said...

Welcome back! You were missed. I even went searching over at Metroblog for you.

I can definitely understand the need to go and go other things. I've slowed down quite a bit myself. I keep assuming at some point I'll pull a disappearing act myself, but it's still more like an itch I've got to scratch.

protected static said...

Welcome back!

[quote]
I thought about what I want to be when I grow up. I know, what's new? But I also made a baby step, put some energy out there, pink bubbled an idea and set it free to see whether anything might come of it.
[/quote]

See, that's the problem with thinking - or is it the problem with growing up? So... dare I ask what's up?

Kristina said...

Thanks! It's nice to know I didn't lose everyone. *g*

As far as what's up... I'm not going to say much, not just yet. I don't want to jinx anything. *g* Really it's just some information gathering but it might lead to a career move in a direction that I could see travelling for a while.

Janet said...

Welcome back to the internets, K! Missed ya!

Betsy said...

I missed you as well...!

But I'm feeling your blogging malaise creeping up on me... Since it sounds as it was beneficial for you, I might just have to give myself over to it!

Anonymous said...

Welcome back! I highly recommend my salt water cure for what ails you. It surely does work for me.