Saturday, November 01, 2008

Here we go again

It's November 1, and because I'm too freakin' lazy to try to write a novel this month with the real writers, I'm vampiring off their group mojo to kick my bloggin' ass back into gear. KBloWriMo 3 begins!

For all 3 of you paying attention, yes it should be KBloWriMo4, if you consider that KBlowWiMo1 was back in 1995 (ouch, that was a lot of numbers - I hope I didn't lose anybody). But truth is that I forgot last year until a few days into the month and - completist that I am - I figured it was best to skip entirely. The missed days would always eat at me, I know they would. I obsess like that.

Happily, this year I'm presented with tons of potential November content to write about so it shouldn't be too painful (for any of us). Most obviously, Tuesday is the election. I'm... hopeful, though that hope is understandably mixed with a large dollop of terrified. I don't think I'm alone in this mix of feelings. We've been hopeful before and it didn't work out that well - I'm not sure I can survive another day after like last time .

But there's also plenty going on at work, stuff with friends, family, kids... there's tons navelgazing gold to mine, no doubt. Aren't we all so very lucky?

No comments: