Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Pineapple a Day...

So, this whole triathlon thing has led to me becoming slightly insane. It apparently wasn't enough to just do the thing and get it over with and return to my previous inactive life... no, for some strange reason, I've continued to train, and have this idea that I want to sign up for a 5K every month between now and next tri season to keep me moderately motivated to continue running through the winter.

Much thanks for this goes to my friend Shar who shows up at o'dark thirty a couple of mornings each week (if it isn't raining) to take me running at Green Lake, and who - when I say "are you SURE we should sign up?" peer pressures me past my resistance.

Which leads me to the reason for this post. On November 3rd, I am going to participate in a 5K race, along with 3 friends, on a team we're calling "Faster than a speeding Comet roomer" (all of our kids went to the same preschool where the 4-5 year-old room is called the Comet room). It's not your ordinary 5K... there are obstacles that have to be overcome, and we have to do it while carrying - I kid you not - a pineapple. It's called the Pineapple Classic, it's a fund-raiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and I am collecting donations on my very own donations page.

Come on - if the thought of me running (probably in the rain), climbing over things, and lugging a pineapple around doesn't motivate you to give some money, I'm not sure what would. I will even post a photo after the event, possibly even of me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, this whole triathlon thing has led to me becoming slightly insane.

I suppose that's your story and you're sticking to it?

Kristina said...

It is my story, and I am - indeed - sticking to it.

Anonymous said...

Ok, all this speak of pineapple totally reminds me of the best pineapple I've had in years, just the other day--Maui Gold. Omg, so good, I highly recommend. I don't believe it's any lighter to carry, though. ;)

Sky said...

lol...good for you! hope you finish all your training before the rains get here. i thought they were here already a few weeks ago, but fortunately we have had a break.

Anonymous said...

No rain - yet. ;-) (Tho' the race is probably nearly over by now if it starts @ 10AM.)