Monday, April 02, 2007

Opening Day

For, lo, the winter is past,
The rain is over and gone;
The flowers appear on the earth;
The time of the singing of birds is come,
And the voice of the turtle is heard in our land.


Ah, I love this day. So much hope, all possibilities open. I'm listening to the Tigers pre-game show right now and am trying not to bounce out of my seat with the excitement of it all. Okay, so part of that might be the caffeine high, as I've only had coffee and dark yummy chocolate this morning thus far. I feel a little like Persephone, coming up from the underworld after a long 6 months and finally getting to see the sun and eat something other than pomegranate seeds.

This afternoon, we'll get the kids out of school early and make our way to Safeco to see the Mariners play, and hopefully put the Oakland curse of last year behind them.

Play ball, y'all!

No comments: