Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Public Grovelling To The Forgiving and Benevolent Gods Of Baseball

Apparently in the blog post before this, when I was celebrating .500 with a little too much enthusiasm, I pissed off the Baseball Gods but good... since then, the Tigers have won only 5 games. They're now in danger of losing the division that they've led since May.

Now, I'm not sneezing at a winning season, really I'm not. We've come an incredibly long way and I'm grateful, oh-so-grateful. But... please. Please please please please please... I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Mea Culpa. Don't punish this team for my hubris... they've worked so hard. I'll be a better fan, I promise. I'll watch or listen to every game from here on out, even if we're behind by a gajillion runs, I'll hang in there 'til the end, win or lose.

The dancing Tiger has been removed and will not see the light of day unless/until the Tigers make the post-season. The author of the previous post has been sacked.

No comments: