Friday, June 30, 2006

If I'm Dreaming... Please Don't Wake Me Up

55-25.

Let me type that again.

55-25.

With today's win, the Tigers have hit the halfway mark. At 55-25, they are 30 games (!) above .500 which is rockin' enough, but even more significant, for this girl who lived and breathed the '84 season... they've now matched pace with the Bless You Boys.

It makes me honest-to-god weepy, how much I love this team. Detroit baseball is BACK. And like all the great teams in our history, now they have a song!

Who's Your Tiger?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm really excited about the Tigers this year, even though I have no connection to the team. At first I thought it was the "anyone but the Yankees" syndrome, but I think it's more than that. I'm looking for something to get excited about in baseball. Go Tigers!

Kristina said...

That's so nice to hear, Yo! We'll root root root together. :)