Monday, February 16, 2004

Self-reflexivity

I keep coming to this stupid blog and getting annoyed that nobody's updated it. Then I realize that I'm the one I'm annoyed at. Um. Yeah.

All is well, just very busy with finishing required stuff and the avoidance of same. I passed my massage practical with flying colours so it's one exam down and three to go. Hard to believe that my graduation ceremony is just a little over 2 weeks away. Where has a year gone?

I'm going to skip the first half of class tomorrow to go give Terry McAuliffe (chair of the DNC) a piece of my mind (not that I can spare a very big piece, but still). He'll be downtown talking to the Young Democrats and it's open to the public... I plan to ask him why he thinks it's a good idea to do the same thing to Democrats in 35 states as was done to voters in Florida in 2000 - namely, the attempted disenfranchisement of primary voters that's accomplished by front-loading the primary season and pushing other candidates to withdraw from the race in the name of "party unity" behind the front-runner. In case it's not clear, I'm not a big fan of Terry Mac.

Major accomplishment this last week: painting and decorating the kids' room! It's now two lovely shades of blue with art and posters on the walls (and more to come when I get 'em framed) and each of the kids have moon lamps next to their beds so they can read before going to sleep. It's been on the to-do list for over a year, and all it took was the desire to NOT work on my business plan to get me motivated. Whee!

No comments: